Cracker Barrel Old Country Store's Carrot Cake
- 3/4 c. finely-minced English walnuts
- 2 c. finely-shredded carrots
- 1 c. crushed pineapple (8 ounce can) with juice
- 1/2 c. finely-shredded coconut
- 1/2 c. raisins soaked in water till plump, and then liquid removed
- 1 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 3 x Large eggs
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp grnd cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 x 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stk butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. pwdr sugar
- 1/2 c. minced pecans for garnish
- Mix together flour, baking pwdr,baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix with beater oil, sugars,vanilla and Large eggs till smooth and fluffy. Add in pineapple, walnuts, coconut,carrots, raisins and blend well. Gradually add in flour mix a half at a time till blended through.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9- by 13-inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 to 50 min. Test with toothpick for doneness. When cold frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Blend cream cheese and butter till light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and a little powdered sugar at a time till all has been blended well. Turn mixer on high and beat till frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting over the cooled cake and sprinkle with pecans.
Leave a review or comment