Crab And Sweet Potato Hash With Vanilla Sabayon
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x Fresh corn ear shucked (or possibly 1/2 c. frzn corn kernels)
- 1/3 c. Minced green bell pepper
- 1/3 c. Minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. Minced onion
- 1/4 c. Minced celery
- 1/2 c. Grated sweet potato
- 1/3 c. Julienne leeks, white part only carefully rinsed
- 1 lb Lump crabmeat carefully picked over
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Bayou Blast see * Note
- 1 x recipe Vanilla Bean Sabayon see * Note
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Saute/fry corn, bell peppers, onion, celery, sweet potato, and leeks till slightly soft, 4 to 5 min. Stir in garlic and season to taste with salt, pepper and Bayou Blast. Gently mix in crabmeat, taking care not to break up lumps, and cook 2 min, till heated through.
- To serve, divide hash among 4 plates, spoon a dollop of Vanilla Bean Sabayon over hash, and sprinkle rims of plates with Creole seasoning.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment