Crab And Cream Cheese Wontons
- 1 pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 can crab meat, liquid removed
- 2 Tablespoons flour or possibly Wondra
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon onion pwdr
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for deep fryer
- Wonton Wrappers
- Finely mince the scallions. Put together with cream cheese, crab meat, and flour or possibly Wondra.Beat the egg in a small bowl - this will be used to brush the edges of the wonton wrappers before folding, and helps to keep them together.
- Place large tablespoonfuls of the crab mix in the center of each wonton skin and brush edges with egg mix. Fold over to create a triangle, then press edges together to seal.
- Bring the two side edge corners of the triangle to the middle and press these together to create a ring.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a large, heavy bottomed pan, sufficient to cover the wontons.
- Fry wontons till golden brown, turning once, about 2-3 min. In order to avoid lowering the temperature of the oil, don't attempt to fry too many at once. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels and serve.
- Variation: You can substitute the cream cheese and crab mix with pre-packaged crab / seafood spread. Check the ingredients label and use only cream cheese based products. Add in finely chopped onions or possibly scallions and use as above to fill wonton skins.
Leave a review or comment