Couscous Salad With Grilled Vegetables
- 1 x red onion cut into 3 inch wedges
- 2 x medium sized zucchini, cut lengthwise into 4 wedges
- 3 x large leeks, (white and pale green parts only) halved lengthwise and once in half
- 1 x red bell pepper, cut into 3 inch strips
- 10 x large clv garlic, unpeeled
- 4 Tbsp. plus 1/4 c. of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano
- 2 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 x 10 oz box of couscous
- 1 c. pitted and halved Kalmata olives
- 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. liquid removed capers
- 4 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Place your hand over the heat and count to 5 steamboats. If you need to pull away before reaching number 5 than the grill is too warm. Turn the heat down and leave the lid up for a few min till it's the appropriate temperature.
- Cut all of the vegetables and place on a large tray. Drizzle with 4 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and ensure which everything is well coated. Season the vegetables generously with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill on the barbecue. Place the large vegetable wedges on the grill. Cook and char for approximately 2-4 min per side.
- Place them back on the tray and let them cold.
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Place the dry couscous in a bowl. Pour the boiling water overtop and cover in plastic wrap. Leave to sit for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, chop the grilled vegetables up into bite sized pcs. When the couscous is ready, stir to fluff it up and fold in the vegetables.
- Add in the remaining extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, olives, capers and basil and mix. Cover again with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature till ready to serve.
Leave a review or comment