Couscous SaladPrep: 25 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 8by Lyndsey12 recipes>
My favorite side dish to take to picnics or bbq's
- 1 box of plain couscous
- 8 oz vegetable broth
- 2 cups of cooked broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 small red onion, about 1/2 a cup
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 1 8 oz package of Feta cheese
- 1 can of garbanzo beans or chick peas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Put raisins in a small bowl of water and set aside.
- Steam broccoli in the vegetable broth until tender, but still al dente. Set aside to cool off
- Cook couscous as instructed on the box.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and put in a large bowl.
- Once couscous is cooled off, add broccoli, carrots, onions, raisins, garbanzo beans and cashews.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger, curry and salt.
- Toss dressing in with the couscous salad
- Fold in crumbled feta
Leave a review or comment