Couscous And Grilled Pepper Salad
- 200 gm couscous
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clv garlic peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 x heaped tbsp freshly minced oregano or possibly marjoram
- 4 lrg red yellow orange peppers grilled and skinned
- Place the couscous in a wide bowl and cover with 300ml boiling water.
- Fork through cover tightly with clingfilm and leave for 20 to 30 min.
- Then fluff up the couscous to remove any lumps.
- Add in 1/2 tsp salt and the oil and garlic.
- Stir then add in lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Finally stir through the herbs and the peppers and serve at room temperature.
- Either barbecue or possibly grill the peppers: to barbecue place them whole on the grill and keep turning till charred and blackened. Or possibly cut into quarters remove the seeds and membrane then place on a sheet of foil under a grill for 5 - 10 min till charred. Wrap them (whole or possibly quartered) in foil or possibly in a plastic bag till cold sufficient to handle then simply slip off the skins (and remove membranes and seeds for whole peppers). Cut into slivers or possibly dice.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment