Cous Cous Salad with Prunes and PecansPrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 8by Nicole Hopkins1 recipe>
This is a great Mediterranean dish, the recipe called for almonds, but I put in pecans instead. It is a quick and easy recipe to put together.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes (about 6 ounces)
- 3 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups couscous (about 12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and sautÃ© until very tender and beginning to brown, about 25 minutes. Add garbanzo beans and prunes and stir 1 minute. Add broth and cinnamon and bring to boil. Mix in couscous. Cover pot; remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Using fork, fluff couscous. Mix in mint and half of pecans. Season with salt and pepper. Mound couscous in bowl. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Leave a review or comment