Country Style Black Bean Spareribs With Tofu
- 1 1/2 lb pork spareribs cut across bone into 1 1/2"-wide pcs (can be done by your butcher)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (or possibly dark soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. Chinese rice wine (or possibly c. dry sherry)
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock (or possibly canned chicken broth)
- 2 Tbsp. salted black beans lightly, mashed
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (or possibly light soy sauce)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 14 ounce soft tofu liquid removed, and cut into 8 pcs
- 1/2 tsp dry red chili flakes (optional)
- Trim any visible fat from the ribs and cut between the bones into individual ribs. Stir the soy sauce, vegetable oil and cornstarch together in a large bowl till well mixed. Toss the ribs in the marinade till coated. Let stand for 10 to 20 min.
- For the Sauce: Stir the rice wine, stock, black beans, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, ginger and sesame oil together in bowl till well mixed.
- For the Dish: Prepare a wok for steaming.
- Arrange the tofu pcs in an even layer in a heat-proof glass pie plate. Place the ribs on top of the tofu in an even layer and pour the sauce mix over the ribs. Set the dish into the steamer, cover the wok and steam over high heat for 15 to 20 min.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment