Cornish Hen with artichoke hearts, fire-roasted tomatoes, and gnocchiPrep: 15 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 4by Vivien32 recipes>
Cornish Hen baked with fire-roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts, gnocchi, and white wine
- 2 Cornish hens (about 1 lb each) cut in half
- 2 14.5 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes (discard or save the juices)
- 1 lb potato gnocchi (I like the Alessia brand)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine (not cooking wine)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 small onions sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 2 pinches smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 jar 14.75 oz. artichoke hearts (discard the juices)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a plastic bag, put 4 tablespoons of flour and insert the chicken halves and shake to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Brown the onions, garlic, and chicken halves in olive oil .
- Place the onions, garlic, and chicken halves in a 14 Â½ inch x 7 Â½ inch pan, skin side down.
- Add the chicken stock, dry white wine, tomatoes, onions, artichoke hearts, basil, thyme, rosemary, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces, add the gnocchi. Adjust seasonings of salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 2 pinches of smoked paprika and return the pan back into the oven.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
Leave a review or comment