Cornish Game Hens with Amaretto Stuffing and Honey GlazePrep: 30-35 min Cook: 55-65 min Servings: 4by Evelyn Scott106 recipes>
Source: Recipe Link.com
- 1/2 cup amaretto or (8 TBS. almond flavoring)
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups bread cubes or stuffing mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Cornish game hens or 1 (2- to 3-pound) chicken
- Honey Glaze* (recipe follows)
- Mix the liqueur and dried cherries in a small bowl.
- Let stand for 15 minutes or longer.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the onion and celery and saute until tender.
- Place the onion mixture in a bowl.
- Add the bread cubes, egg, chicken broth and undrained cherries. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Spoon the stuffing into the cavities of the hens.
- Place the hens in a 9xl3-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Baste with some of the Honey Glaze.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until cooked through, basting with Honey Glaze every 10 to 15 minutes.
- *Honey Glaze*
- Yield: about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cherry juice or cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder (or to taste)
- Combine the honey, cherry juice, amaretto, brown sugar, butter and five-spice powder in a saucepan.
- Heat until the butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
Leave a review or comment