Cold Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 2 lb Fresh brussel sprouts (or possibly two 10-ounce pkgs frzn brussel sprouts)
- 1 bn Green onions minced
- 1 x Red bell pepper diced (or possibly two ripe tomatoes, diced)
- 1/2 c. White-Wine Vinaigrette see * Note
- 1/4 c. Almonds sliced, for garnish Peanut or possibly extra virgin olive oil
- Boil or possibly steam sprouts till barely tender. This should take no more than 10 min. Add in a bit of peanut or possibly extra virgin olive oil to the water when you begin. It helps them remain green instead of which awful gray you remember from your childhood. Don't put salt in the water.
- When tender but still crunchy drain and immediately immerse in very cool water. This will stop the cooking process. Drain well and chill.
- If using frzn Brussels sprouts don't cook them at all. Simply defrost and cut for the salad.
- Cut each sprout in half and place in a large salad bowl. Toss with minced green onions, minced sweet red bell pepper or possibly tomatoes and the vinaigrette. Top with a bit of pepper and some sliced almonds for garnish.
- Comments: Please do not think this is a weird dish. It is just delicious because you do not overcook the sprouts.
Leave a review or comment