Cola Braised Boneless Beef Short RibsPrep: 1 hours Cook: 3 hours Servings: 6by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
These deliciously tender Cola Braised Boneless Beef Short Ribs are a very easy slow braised recipe for a fabulous everyday family dinner! Bake in the oven or a crock-pot. The cola sauce is AMAZING!
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pounds boneless beef short ribs, cut into 4-inch long pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 1 cup red wine (Cabernet, Merlot or Pinot Noir)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups cola (not diet)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, light or dark
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar glace
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, cumin and garlic powder. Rub this mixture over the short ribs and place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add some of the beef short ribs and cook for about 6 minutes, turning to brown all sides (you will have to do this in batches, so you don’t overcrowd the pot). Remove the ribs to a plate and set aside. Add the onions into the pot and stir for 3 minutes. Add the wine and scrape up browned bits. Continue cooking and stirring for 2 more minutes until the wine is reduced by half. Stir in the beef broth, cola, brown sugar, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Add in the meat, cover tightly and cook in oven for about 3 hours, until the beef is very tender.
- Remove the beef to a platter and keep warm. Put all of the liquids in a gravy separator or skim to remove excess fat. Put skimmed liquids in a saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar glace and bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring, for 5 minutes, until reduced by about one-third.
- Combine the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the liquids and continue cooking, stirring, until thickened. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the short ribs with gravy over mashed potatoes, rice, noodles or polenta.
Leave a review or comment