Coconut Semolina CakePrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by Balicravings44 recipes>
This is one of my truly favorite cakes. Similar to the Egyptian Basbousa. It is moist, gets better as the days pass and just delicious!
- The cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla paste
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups oil
- 1 cup orange juice + zest
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cups sugar
- lemon juice from 1 lemon or 1/2 cup orange juice
- Whip the egg whites and sugar until you get a thick white cream.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add the egg yolks, oil and orange juice with the zest. Then, fold in the egg whites.
- I like to bake it in a bread form, oiled, for about 30 minutes at 330F, 160C.
- Pour the syrup over the cake while still warm and sprinkle coconut on top.
Leave a review or comment