Coconut Crusted Fish Fillets with Mango Salsa
I got this recipe online at about.com. Needed a quick fish dish and this was delicious. These sautéed fish fillets have a crispy coconut crust, and are topped with fresh mango salsa.
- 4 firm white fish fillets, such as whiting
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- For the Mango Salsa:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tablepoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper taste
- Make mango salsa: Stir together the chopped mango, chopped onion, lime juice, chopped pepper, vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, cilantro, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Mix 1/3 cup flour, coconut, cumin, curry powder, salt and pepper together on a plate.
- In shallow bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Place the remaining 1/3 cup flour on a second plate.
- Dredge the fillets first in the plain flour (shaking off excess), then in the egg mixture, and finely in the coconut mixture to coat both sides.
- Heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat, then sautÃ© the fillets until browned on both sides and cooked though on the inside, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve fillets warm with rice and mango salsa.
Leave a review or comment