Cocoa Spice Rub
I have tested various cocoa spice rub recipes on myself and my family and friends and have modified ingredients and their amounts according to their comments and likings. This is great for pork tenderloin or spare ribs which can be prepared in the oven or on the grill.
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder (chili powder will suffice)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper (I prefer 1 tablespoon white peppercorns toasted in a pan and ground)
- 4 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Great for pork spare ribs or pork tenderloin especially when prepared on the grill.
- The smell from the oven or grill is oh so heavenly!
Leave a review or comment