Cochinita Pibil (Yucatan, Merida Mexico)
- 2 lb Pork (variety of pcs)
- 5 x Garlic cloves
- 1 x Orange (acid)
- 1 c. Vinegar
- 1 3/4 ounce "Condimento de Achiote"* Side Dish 1:"Xnipec"
- 1 med Onion
- 4 med Tomatoes (red)
- 1 x Chile Habanero -- optional
- 1/2 c. Cilantro minced -- Optional
- 1 x Garlic clove
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 3 med Red onions (or possibly white)
- 1 c. Vinegar Salt and Pepper
- Mix the garlic, salt, and achiote condimento. Add in orange juice and vinegar. Use this mix to cover the pork Cook in oven cover at 400 degrees till done. Add in water if needed.
- Side Dish 1 Xnipec: Cut the tomatoes into cubes, chop onions, and mix with cilantro, chile habanero and garlic. Serve as a side dish.
- Side Dish 2: Chop the onion and mix with vinegar, pepper and salt. Prepare tacos and top with onion/vinegar mix.
- *The "Achiote condimento" don't have substitution, you can find it in Mexican stores, is one of the most popular mexican condiment.
Leave a review or comment