Classic Tex-Mex SalsaPrep: 10 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 1by Unorthodox Epicure8 recipes>
Classic Tex-Mex Salsa — Tomato sweet. Pepper bite. Onion finish. Muy delicioso!
- 1 (28 oz can) – Crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups – Fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 – Medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup – Vinegar
- 1 bunch – Cilantro
- 1 TB – Tomato paste
- 1 TB – Plain (not iodized) salt
- 3-4 – Serrano peppers (or Jalapeno peppers), stemmed and seeded
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor to your desired consistency. Simmer in a large saucepan for about 45 minutes. Serve chilled with tortilla chips, or as a condiment for anything Tex-Mex.
- Classic Tex-Mex Salsa is good for about two weeks in the fridge, or it can be preserved via the hot water bath method. Process for 10 minutes.
Leave a review or comment