This is a nice addition to any meal, and was a hit at a holiday brunch we recently hosted.
- 3 pounds assorted citrus (grapefruit and oranges)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks - NOT ground cinnamon
- 1 or 2 star anise (optional)
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- Bring the water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cranberries to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Simmer just until the cranberries start to pop.
- Cool the berries and liquid for an hour.
- Peel the citrus.
- Section the grapefruit.
- Cut the oranges across the sections (like a wagon wheel)
- Combine the cranberries, cooking liquid and citrus.
Leave a review or comment