Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 c. cake flour
- 1/2 c. regular or possibly quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar - (packed)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c. buttermilk shaken well
- 1 x egg
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter or possibly canola oil Butter or possibly oil spray Hot pure maple syrup
- Combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Put buttermilk, egg and melted butter into small bowl. Whisk till frothy. Add in to dry ingredients; stir till smooth. (Can be cooked immediately or possibly refrigerated up to 5 days.)
- Stir before using. If batter is too thick, stir in 1 Tbsp. buttermilk or possibly water and repeat if needed. Heat greased nonstick griddle over medium-low heat.
- When warm, spoon 2 Tbsp. batter per pancake onto griddle into 3-inch rounds. Cook till pancakes bubble and brown on edges, about 3 min. Use spatula to turn and brown other side, about 2 to 3 min more.
- Can be kept hot in 200-degree oven while remaining pancakes are cooked. Serve warm with hot maple syrup passed separately.
- This recipe yields 18 to 20 (3-inch) pancakes.
- NOTES :
Leave a review or comment