Cider Glazed Sweet Potatoes With Cranberries
- 3 1/2 lb Red-skinned sweet potatoes, (yams), peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 c. Apple cider or possibly apple juice
- 1/3 c. Golden sugar, (packed)
- 5 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Grnd allspice
- 1/2 c. Dry cranberries
- 1/3 c. Finely minced green onions
- Cook sweet potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water till halfway cooked (a knife inserted into center will encounter considerable resistance), about 5 min. Drain and cold. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Combine cider, sugar, butter, salt and allspice in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring often. Add in sweet potatoes and cook 5 min. Add in cranberries and continue cooking till liquid is reduced to syrupy glaze and sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 min. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Makes 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment