Chunky Turkey 15 Bean SoupPrep: 15 min Cook: 2 hours Servings: 12by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
Chunky Turkey 15 Bean Soup is a cozy, delicious, easy and satisfying way to enjoy tons of veggies and chunks of smoked turkey! Your family will love it.
- 1 (20 oz) bag 15 bean soup dried beans(I used Hurst’s)
- 10 cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 smoked turkey legs or turkey meat, dice the meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place rinsed beans in a large pot with 10 cups of water. Bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat, cover and continue boiling 1½ hours. Stir occasionally.
- When the beans only have 10 minutes left to boil, in a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and oil. Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic powder, seasoned salt and chili powder. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes. Pour the vegetables into the bean pot and add the lemon juice, chicken stock and can of diced tomatoes.
- Lower temperature to a simmer, cover and cook for 30-45 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- A couple of minutes before cooking is complete, add contents of seasoning packet that came with the soup mix and stir all together. Salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a review or comment