Chunky Summer Tomato Soup
- 1 qt plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 pint sour cream
- 3 Tbsp margarine
- 4 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp dill weed
- 2 tsp salt (if using salt-free tomato juice)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 6 qts tomato juice, preferable salt-free
- 5 lbs cucumbers, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 lb green pepper, chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley or water cress
- 6 oz croutons
- In a large bowl or aluminum pot, whisk yogurt and sour cream together until smooth.
- In a small pot, melt margarine. Add garlic and saute over low heat until golden. Whisk the garlic into the yogurt and sour cream.
- Whisk in honey, dill week, salt (if desired), and pepper. Then slowly whisk in tomato juice.
- Stir in cucumbers, peppers, mushrooms, green onions, and parsley or watercress.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. chill for 2 or more hours.
- Garnish each serving with a scant tablespoon of croutons.
Leave a review or comment