Chunky Sausage And Hominy Chili
- 1 1/4 c. bottled salsa
- 1 c. pcs red bell pepper (1-inch)
- 1 c. pcs yellow bell pepper (1-inch)
- 1 Tbsp. chili pwdr
- 15 1/2 ounce canned white hominy or possibly whole-kernel corn liquid removed
- 12 ounce chicken sausages with habanero chiles and tequila such as Gerhard's cut into 1/2-inch pcs REMAINING INGREDIENTS
- 2 c. warm cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 c. crushed baked tortilla chips
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c. minced green onions
- 1/4 c. fat-free lowfat sour cream
- Smoked turkey sausage can be substituted for the chicken sausage.
- 1. To prepare chili, combine first 6 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Cover with lid; cook on low heat for 8 hrs. Spoon 1/2 c. rice into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 c. chili, 1 Tbsp. chips, 1 Tbsp. cilantro, 1 Tbsp. onions, and 1 Tbsp. lowfat sour cream.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment