Chunky Garlic and Herb Marinara SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 16by Kyle Dalakas100 recipes>
Chunky Garlic and Herb Marinara Sauce is the ultimate comfort food on a chilly fall evening! Simple, delicious and home made with basic pantry ingredients, don't reach for sauce in a jar! Try this instead!
- 8 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 4 Large Fresh Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Oregano
- 1/3 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 2-28 oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1-6 oz. Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
- Clean the garlic and finely dice.
- Clean the onion and roughly chop.
- In a large stockpot, place the olive oil. Add the garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Wash and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Add to garlic and onion. Cook and stir for 10 minutes
- Add cans of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, cane sugar, salt and pepper.
- Wash and roughly chop the basil and oregano. Stir into the sauce.
- Lower heat to medium low and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite pasta!
- This recipe makes 2 quarts of sauce. Even better the next day, but if you prefer simply seal in a freezer bag or container and freeze. Will keep up to 4 months. Just thaw, heat and serve!
Leave a review or comment