Chuletas (Lamb Chops With Ceci Bean Stew)
- 8 x Lamb chops from rack
- 6 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 med Spanish onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 can Garbonzo beans - (10 ounce ea) liquid removed, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. Pine nuts
- 2 x Plum tomatoes roughly minced
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 1 Tbsp. Spanish paprika - (warm)
- 6 Tbsp. Honey divided
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat grill.
- Trim fat from chops and lb. lightly to flatten and set aside.
- In a 4-qt saucepan, heat 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil till smoking and add in onion and cumin seeds and cook till light golden. Add in garbonzos, pine nuts, tomatoes, saffron, paprika and 4 Tbsp. honey and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 10 min, check for seasoning.
- Stir together remaining oil, honey and parsley and brush on lamb chops. Place chops on grill and cook 2 min per side. Remove and serve with hot ceci.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment