Chopped Vegetable Salad
- 1 bn broccoli
- 1 sm head cauliflower
- 2 c. baby-cut carrots
- 1 pt cherry or possibly grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 lrg cucumber, peeled and diced into large pcs
- 1 x red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 x yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 sm purple or possibly red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 c. small black olives
- 3/4 c. chopped fresh parsley Salad dressing (recipe follows)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Break the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets.
- Add in the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots to the boiling water and cook till slightly tender, about 2 min. Drain the vegetables and immediately rinse with cool water to stop the cooking. Transfer to a bowl and chill, uncovered, for 30 min.
- In a large bowl, combine the refrigerated blanched vegetables with the tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, onion, olives and parsley. Add in the dressing and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment