Chocolate Waffles With Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 c. Flour
- 1/4 c. Cocoa pwdr
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 2 c. Buttermilk
- 1/2 c. Vegetable oil or possibly melted butter
- 2 lrg Large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract Healthy pinch cream of tartar
- 1 c. Minced pecans (optional) Ice cream, for accompaniment
- Preparation Time: 0:30
- 1. Sifttogether flour, cocoa, baking pwdr, baking soda, and sugar. Make a well in center of sifted dry ingredients.
- 2. In a separate bowl mix buttermilk, oil, egg yolks, and vanilla. Pour into the well and mix with dry ingredients.
- 3. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till soft peaks form. Gradually fold into batter, one third at a time. Mix in pecans (if used).
- 4. Cook in waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Top with ice cream.
- Makes 4 large waffles.
Leave a review or comment