Chocolate Tapioca PuddingPrep: 5 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 7by Salad Foodie389 recipes>
Take old-fashioned tapioca pudding to a grand level for a special Valentine dessert - add chocolate! Be patient as you cook the pudding, it can take 20 to 30 minutes of stirring to melt the chocolate and reach proper consistency without scorching. The pudding will thicken as it cools.
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca (I used MINUTE brand)
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream topping (optional)
- Beat egg in large pan. Add sugar and tapioca ; mix well.
- Gradually add milk, beating after each 1 cup addition.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate to milk mixture. Place on medium heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Cool 20 minutes without stirring.
- Stir well. Serve warm or chilled. Add a dollop of whipped cream for garnish if desired.
- Yield: 7 one half-cup servings.
Leave a review or comment