Chocolate Sour Cream Fudge Cake
- 2 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. Unsalted butter, soften
- 2 1/4 c. Brown sugar, packed
- 3 x Large eggs
- 4 ounce Bitter chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla
- 1 c. Lowfat sour cream
- 1 c. Coffee prepared very strong
- This rich cake is from Mendocino's CAFE BEAUJOLAIS. Chef Margaret Fox makes it for birthdays, and those adventuresome couples who want a chocolate wedding cake. It is usually served with Creme Fraiche Chocolate Frosting
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, sugar and Large eggs for 5 min in the bowl of an electric mixer till very light and fluffy.
- Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Stir in about 1/3 of the dry ingredients, half the lowfat sour cream, another 1/3 of the dry ingredients, the rest of the lowfat sour cream, and finally the remainder of the dry ingredients. Stir JUST till mixed.
- Stir in warm coffee, and pour into two 9 inch square pans greased and lined with waxed paper. Strike each pan on the edge of the counter or possibly drop several times onto the floor from a height of 6 inches to release air bubbles. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 min. Cold pans on a wire rack for 15 min. Run a knife around the edge, turn out, and cold completely.
- Sharron Solomon
Leave a review or comment