Chocolate SalamiPrep: 10 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 5by Marina K2 recipes>
A unique russian dessert
- 1 package of plain vanilla cookies (2 handfulls)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 3 Tbs Cocoa (good quality cocoa is really important)
- 7 Tbs melted Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Take the cookies and break them into small pieces.
- Cut walnuts or pecans into small pieces.
- In a small, non-stick pot add cocoa and sugar and mix together. Add egg and melted butter. Simmer the mixture on low heat for 3-4 minutes, add the crushed cookies and nuts, mix well. The mixture should be thick.
- Take parchment paper, and cut into a rectangle, just enough for the mixture to fit. Take a piece of butter and rub the top of the parchment paper (this prevents the mixture from sticking to the paper).
- Add the mixture from the pot on to the parchment paper and roll it in the form of a sausage. Twist the ends so that it holds its shape.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Once ready to serve, slice it like salami and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment