Chocolate Pecan Meringues
- Chocolatey meringue and pecan halves are the stuff of that these airy cookies are made.
- 72 x pecan halves
- 2 x egg whites (1/4 c.)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- Place parchment paper on baking sheets. On parchment arrange clusters of 3 pecans each, spacing clusters 2 inches apart. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In mixer bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar and salt. Beat at high speed till foamy. Gradually add in sugar, beating till mix is stiff and glossy.
- Reduce speed and beat in vanilla and cocoa till cocoa is completely incorporated.
- Drop a rounded teaspoonful of meringue mix over each cluster of pecans.
- Bake till cookies are hard to the touch (25 to 30 min). Remove to wire racks to cold.
Leave a review or comment