Chocolate Pecan Gateau
- 4 x Large eggs, separated
- 3/4 c. caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 200 gm pecans, roughly minced
- 2 Tbsp. plain flour
- 325 gm lowfat milk chocolate, broken
- 2 tsp Instant coffee pwdr
- 1/3 c. thickened cream
- 1 Tbsp. brandy
- 125 gm pecans, roughly minced
- 1. Place egg yolks, sugar and brandy in a bowl and beat till thick and pale. Place egg whites in a clean bowl and beat till stiff. Fold egg whites, pecans and flour into egg yolk mix.
- 2. Pour into a lightly greased and lined 23 cm springform tin. Bake in a moderate oven (180C) for 40 min or possibly hard. Cold in tin.
- 3. To make glaze, place chocolate, coffee pwdr, cream and brandy in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and heat, stirring, till mix is smooth. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cold slightly. Spread glaze over top and sides of cooled cake. Sprinkle pecans over top of cake and press into side of cake. Allow to set before serving.
Leave a review or comment