Chocolate Mousse Cake With Two Sauces
- 1 pkt semisweet chocolate chips, (6 oz)
- 1 pkt lowfat milk chocolate chips, (6 oz)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 5 x Large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp. instant coffee pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. whiskey
- 4 ounce white chocolate Heavy cream
- 2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. prepared coffee
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 pch salt
- 3 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract Whipped cream Chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat all of the chocolate and the butter over simmering water. In a large bowl, beat together the Large eggs and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, coffee pwdr and add in to the egg mix. Add in the melted chocolate mix and the whiskey to the egg mix and mix together till well combined.
- Pour the batter into an unbuttered 9 x 13-inch baking pan and place in the oven with a pan of water on the rack under the cake. Bake for 35 to 40 min or possibly till set. Turn off the oven and let the cake cold in the oven.
- Ladle 1 to 2 Tbsp. of the White Chocolate Sauce on each dessert plate. Pipe concentric circles of the Chocolate Sauce over the top. Pull through these circles with a toothpick from the center to create a spider-web.
- Place 1 square of the cake on each plate to one side and garnish with the whipped cream and chocolate curls. Serve immediately.
- YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
- White Chocolate Sauce:In the top of a double boiler, heat the chocolate over simmering water.
- Add in sufficient heavy cream to thin to the consistency of corn syrup. Let cold to room temperature.
- Chocolate Sauce:In the top of a double boiler, heat the chocolate with the water and coffee over simmering water. Add in the sugar and stir till dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt, butter, and vanilla till smooth.
- Let cold to room temperature.
- THE BURN
Leave a review or comment