Chocolate Hazelnut Meringues (Hl)
- 1/4 c. Hazelnuts, toasted,minced Parchment paper
- 3 x Egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. Granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. Chocolate chips, coarsely minced
- Toast hazelnuts on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8 min. Lower the oven temperature to 300 degrees for baking the meringues. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg whites with the cream of tartar and the vanilla. Beat at medium-high speed till soft peaks form. Add in the sugar slowly to the egg mix, one Tbsp. at a time, while beating. Beat till all of the sugar is incorporated and the mix is stiff and glossy.
- Using a large rubber spatula, mix in the chocolate morsels and the nuts.
- Drop slightly rounded Tbsp. onto parchment-lined baking sheets, allowing 1 inch between spoonfuls. Bake for 30 min at 300 degrees.
- Leaving the meringues int the oven, turn the oven off and allow cookies to sit in the oven for at least one hour, till they are completely dry and crisp. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire cooling racks.
- Yield: 50-60 meringues
Leave a review or comment