Chocolate Genoise Cake
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter for pan plus
- 6 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. flour
- 6 lrg Large eggs room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper, butter the parchment, dust with flour, and set aside.
- Set the bowl of an electric mixer over a pot of simmering water. Combine Large eggs and sugar in a bowl; whisk till mix reaches 110 degrees.
- Transfer bowl to electric mixer; beat on high speed till well mixed, about 8 min. Sift together flour and cocoa; then sift flour and cocoa over egg mix, folding into mix in three batches and scraping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Add in melted butter in a steady stream. Add in vanilla. Fold gently and pour out into prepared pans.
- Bake till cake is springy to the touch, about 18 to 20 min. Remove from oven, cold on a rack, and invert onto a plate.
- Makes 1 eight-inch cake.
- Cuisine: "Mexican"
- Yield: 1 eight-inch cake
Leave a review or comment