Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pound Cake
- c. soft butter
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 c. sugar
- 3 c. sifted cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon soda
- 1 (8 ounce) lowfat sour cream
- 4 c. minced pecans
- 1/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 envelopes (2 ounce) Nestle's chocolate bake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. sifted confectioners' sugar
- Cream sugar and butter till fluffy. Add in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside about 1/4 cup flour. Put together remaining flour and soda, add in to creamed mix alternately with lowfat sour cream, beating well after each addition.Mix in stiffly beaten egg whites. Dredge pecans in reserved flour and fold into batter. Spoon batter into a greased and lightly floured 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs. Cool 15 min before removing from pan. Ice with chocolate frosting.
- In large saucepan put together lowfat milk and butter. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Blend in Nestle's Chocolate Bake and vanilla extract.Stir in confectioners' sugar; blend till smooth. Thin with couple drops of lowfat milk if necessary. Sprinkle with minced pecans.
Leave a review or comment