Chocolate Date Coconut Chia mousseServings: 6by Foodessa320 recipes>
Decadent, guilt free and nutritional smooth portions of substantial chocolate mousse like no other. Gluten-free as well as a dairy-free alternative. For a dedicated post: TOP 10 dates with chocolate…refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2018/01/top-10-dates-with-chocolate.html
- . 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- . 1 cup of water *
- . 1 tsp. pure Vanilla extract
- . 2 Tbsps. Chia seeds ** (very finely ground)
- . 1/2 cup Cocao powder, Dutch processed
- . 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- . 1 can (14oz./400ml) Coconut milk (cream-like)
- Garnish suggestion: . shredded or flaked coconut OR crushed, roasted nuts of choice OR crushed granola OR berries
- . * The water is used to soak the dates. When drained, reserve 1/4 cup of the date water for the mix.
- . ** Chia seed can be replaced by finely ground flaxseed.
- . In a small bowl, soak the pitted dates in water. Cover for about 1 hour. Later, drain while making sure to reserve the 1/4 cup of date water.
- . In a high-speed blender, pour the reserved water along with ALL the remaining ingredients.
- . Initially pulse a few times on lower speed. Then, blitz everything on HIGH speed for about 30 seconds or until the mix has become smooth.
- . Pour the mix into individual vessels or just one container. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving or up to 4 days to keep its freshness.
- . Either serve as is or with the suggested garnishes.
- . NOTE: Variation for a PUDDING texture: Add an extra 1/4 cup of the reserved date water.
- . Flavourful wishes from Claudia's kitchen....FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment