Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Cake!Prep: 20 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 10by Mary Callan19 recipes>
Chocolate sponge, Chocolate Chips and Chocolate Glaze - will fix any chocolate craving!
- For the sponge
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup of sour cream (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup of coffee
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (tossed in 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour)
- For the glaze
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F
- Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar until really light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the bowl after each addition.
- Mix together the sour cream, coffee and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In another bowl toss the chocolate chips in a tablespoon of flour and set aside.
- Add half the flour mixture to the sugar and egg mixture. Combine gently.
- Add the sour cream mixture and gently beat until just combined.
- Add the remainder of the flour mixture and fold in.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently fold in.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50 - 1 hour. The cake is cooked when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the the pan for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- To make the glaze, combine the chocolate chips and the cream in a saucepan over a medium/low heat.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is a smooth velvety consistency.
- Place a large plate under the cake and pour the glaze over the cake.
- Let set and serve.
Leave a review or comment