Chocolate Chocolate Chip Waffles
These dark and chocolaty waffles are devilishly rich but with the added oat bran, it offers a healthier version of a decadent breakfast. The oatbran is not noticeable one bit in the flavor or texture.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oat bran flakes
- 1 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk 1%
- 1/4 cup of Canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your waffle iron. Soak the bran flakes in the milk while you prepare the other ingredients. They should soak for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
- Puree the bran and milk in either a food processor or with a blender or immersion blender. In a liquid measuring cup whisk the eggs and oil together and add the milk/bran mixture and whisk again.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk. Add the chocolate chips and stir. Scoop appropriate amount of waffle batter into your waffle iron. I have a Belgian Waffler so I use 1/2 c. of the batter for each waffle. Cook until desired crispiness. These don't get very crispy though so don't cook too long and burn them.
Leave a review or comment