Chocolate Chip Zucchini CookiesPrep: 30 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 36by Salad Foodie398 recipes>
Zucchini cookies much like pumpkin cookies tend to have a cake-like texture rather than crisp or crunchy from the extra moisture of the vegetable. In this recipe the cookies come closer to a crisp/chewy texture through (1) extra draining step of the zucchini and (2) pressing the cookies down on cookie sheet before baking.
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place zucchini in a strainer over bowl. Press to squeeze excess moisture out. Time permitting, allow to drain up to an hour, continuing to squeeze excess moisture occasionally. In lieu of this draining step, you can place zucchini in a clean cheesecloth or thin dish towel and squeeze it thoroughly. Don't omit this step or cookies will not be as chewy-crisp. Set aside
- Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper, or lightly spray cookie sheets; set aside. Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter with granulated and brown sugars in medium bowl; add egg and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves into a small bowl and stir together well. Add flour mixture to sugar-egg mixture, stirring to blend.
- Add chocolate chips and thoroughly drained zucchini and stir well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop measure out leveled amounts of cookie dough and place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies with butter-greased palm of hands.
- Bake 11-13 minutes until they are beginning to brown on bottom. See photos and captions for further info.
Leave a review or comment