Chocolate Chip-Banana PancakesPrep: 45 min Cook: 4-8 min Servings: 7by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Chocolate Chip-Banana Pancakes is a delicious recipe for a flavorful and light pancake breakfast. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, diabetic and Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus per serving recipe.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, baking soda & salt together in a large bowl. Whisk egg, buttermilk, bananas, oil, sugar & vanilla in a medium size bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Let the batter sit, without stirring, for 10 to 15 minutes. (As the batter rests, the baking powder forms bubbles that create fluffy pancakes and the gluten in the flour relaxes to make them more tender).
- Coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Without stirring the batter, measure out pancakes using about 1/4 cup batter per pancake and pour into the pan or griddle. Cook until edges are dry and you see bubbles on the surface, 2 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, 2 to 4 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter, coating pan with cooking spray and reducing heat if needed.
Leave a review or comment