Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream Pie
- 2/3 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. Instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp. Boiling water
- 4 x Large eggs, separated
- 1/3 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Salt Fine dry bread crumbs, for dusting the pie plate
- 1 quart Low-fat frzn yogurt, or possibly Low-fat ice cream, softened in refrigerator 15 min
- 1/4 c. Chocolate cookie crumbs, optional Dark and divine chocolate sauce, see recipe
- CHOCOLATE BROWNIE ICE CREAM PIE WITH DARK AND DIVINE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and dust with fine bread crumbs.
- 2. Place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over warm (not boiling) water. Dissolve the instant coffee in the 2 Tbsp boiling water and add in to chocolate. Stir occasionally with a wire whisk. When the chocolate is almost melted, remove from heat and whisk till smooth. Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat egg yolks till thick.
- Gradually beat in the sugar till the mix is thick and lemon colored, about 5 min. Gradually beat the chocolate and vanilla into the yolk mix.
- 3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and salt till stiff but not dry. Stir one-third of the whites into the chocolate mix.
- Gently mix in the remaining whites till blended.
- 4. Pour chocolate mix into prepared pie plate. Bake for 25 min. Remove from oven and cold completely on a wire rack. As it cools, the mix sinks in the middle to create a thick fudgy pie shell.
- 5. Spoon the frzn yogurt into the cooled shell. Smooth with the back of a large spoon. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs and freeze till ready to serve.
- Yield: 8 servings.
- Serving size: 1 slice with 1 Tbsp Dark and Divine Chocolate Sauce.
- 1 fat.
- Notes: A thick fudge brownie crust holds your favorite frzn yogurt or possibly low-fat ice cream. Slice the frzn pie and drizzle each piece with this rich tasting low-fat chocolate sauce.
Leave a review or comment