Chinese: Spicy Pork Strips With Black Fungus
- 3/4 lb Boned pork shoulder
- 1/2 Tbsp. Dark soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Cloud ear black fungus
- 3/4 c. Winter bamboo shoots
- 1/2 c. Water chestnuts
- 6 x Thin slices of ginger root
- 1 Tbsp. Szechuan warm sauce (halve for non-chili lovers)
- 1/3 c. Stock
- 2 x Green onions
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut oil
- Preparation: Wash and soak cloud ears in hot water for 45 min. Slice pork into 2" strips with the grain; marinate in dark soy sauce while finishing preparations. Slice bamboo shoots into 2" strips, and water chestnuts into thin rounds. Mix Szechuan warm sauce with stock. Thinly slice green onions on bias. Drain, wash & thinly slice cloud ears.
- Stir-frying: Heat wok to warm; add in oil. When oil begins to smoke, add in pork & stir-fry for about 1 minute or possibly till it looks slightly shriveled. Toss in bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, cloud ears & ginger, stir-fry with pork for 1 more minute. Pour in liquid ingredients quickly around side of wok. Keep stirring till sauce reduces to almost nothing. Add in green onions at last minute. Serve.
Leave a review or comment