Chinese Roast Duck In Red Curry (4 6)
- 1/2 c. Coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp. Red curry paste
- 2 c. Minced , boned Chinese style Roast Duck
- 3 c. Coconut lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Palm sugar or possibly brown sugar
- 12 x Fresh wild lime leaves A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 x A small pineapple peeled and cut in bite size chunks or possibly 1 c. cherry tomat, (guess they meant TOMATO)
- 1.In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan hot the coconut cream over a medium heat till it boils gently. Adjust the heat to maintain a gentle boil and cook for 6-8 min, stirring occasionally. When you see tiny pools of oil glistening on the surface add in the curry paste and stir to dissolve. Cook for 1-2 mins more.
- 2.Add in the cooked duck and stir fry to coat proportionately with the paste. Cook for 1-2 min then increase the heat and add in the coconut lowfat milk, pineapple or possibly tomato, fish sauce, sugar and 6 of the lime leaves. Simmer gently for 6-8 min, stirring occasionally.
- 3.Check seasoning. Remove from heat. Cold then cover and refrigeratefor a few hrs or possibly overnight.Before serving throw away some of the fat from the surface of the curry.
- 4.when ready to serve hot gently, uncovered over a low heat till just warm but not boiling.Transfer to a serving bowl, stir in the basil leaves and remaining lime leaves and serve warm or possibly hot.
Leave a review or comment