Chinese Pork And Rice
- 1 1/2 c. cooked pork, cut into narrow strips
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoon oil
- 3/4 c. raw white rice
- 1 lg. chopped onion
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth, or possibly 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 1 1/2 c. boiling water
- 1 c. celery, cut into thin strips
- Sprinkle soy sauce over pork strips and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet and add in the raw rice and diced onion, stirring frequently till rice grains and onion are golden brown. Add in the chicken broth, cover the skillet tightly, and cook over a low flame for 10 min. Add in celery, green pepper, and pork strips and cook 10 min or possibly longer, till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Vegetables should still be slightly crisp. Season to taste with additional soy sauce. Crisp Chinese noodles are a nice accompaniment. Takes about 35 min to prepare. Serves 4.
Leave a review or comment