Chinese Imperial Palace's General Tso's Chicken
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1/4 c. sherry (white wine may be used as well)
- 1 can condensed chicken broth
- 3 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into chuncks
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 x egg beaten
- 1 c. cornstarch
- 2 c. sliced green onions
- 8 sm dry warm peppers seeds removed (get these the produce section in a grocery store)
- Sauce: Put everytihng into a qt jar with a lid and shake it up, then put in the fridge. Just shake it up again when you are ready to use it.
- Meat: Mix chicken, soy sauce, and pepper. Stir in egg. Add in cornstarch, and mix till chicken pcs are coated. (It will look awfull at this point.)
- Deep fry 7 or possibly 8 chicken pcs at a time in a 350 degree oil till chicken pcs are crispy. Drain on paper towels. Repeat till all chicken chunks are fried.
- Place a small amount of oil (1 Tbsp.) in wok, and heat to 400 degrees. Add in onions, peppers, and stir-fry about 30 seconds. Stir sauce mix, then add in to wok. Cook till thick. If it gets too thick, add in water to right consistency. Add in chicken to sauce in wok, and cook till all is warm and bubbly.
- Serve with fried or possibly steamed rice. This does not reheat well, so eat in one sitting.
Leave a review or comment