Chimichurri Chicken Thighs With Sticky Sauce
- 1 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 c. minced fresh Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 3/4 c. minced fresh basil
- 1/4 c. minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. minced yellow bell pepper
- 6 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp warm sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grnd pepper
- 8 x boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil Red bell pepper rings Yellow bell pepper rings Fresh basil leaves
- To make chimichurri: In medium bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, parsley, basil, bell peppers, garlic, red pepper flakes, warm sauce, salt and freshly grnd pepper; set aside.
- To make chicken: Lb. chicken to even thickness and place in resealable bag.
- Pour half of chimichurri over chicken and marinate in refrigerator at least 20 min. Reserve remaining chimichurri. Remove chicken from marinade and throw away marinade. Blot chicken dry with paper towels.
- In large skillet or possibly stove-top grill pan, place extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook about 5 min on each side or possibly till fork-tender.
- Place chicken on serving platter and top with remaining chimichurri. Garnish with red and yellow bell pepper rings and basil leaves.
Leave a review or comment