Chilled Zabaglione Cream
- 6 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp Unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 c. Marsala wine
- 3 x Large eggs, separated
- 3 x Egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. Brandy
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1 c. Whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1/2 ounce Semisweet chocolate, shaved into curls
- 1. Mix 4 tbs. sugar and the gelatin in a measuring c.. Stir in the wine.
- Set aside.
- 2. Place all 6 egg yolks in the top of a double boiler and beat till thick and light in color. Stir in the gelatin mix.
- 3. Place over warm water and cook, stirring constantly, till thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the brandy and vanilla. Refrigeratetill cold, but` not set. Stir occasionally.
- 4. Whip the cream till stiff. Fold into the egg yolk mix.
- 5. Beat the egg whites till foamy. Add in the salt and cream of tartar. Beat till stiff. Beat in 2 tbs. sugar.
- 6. Fold the whites into the cream/egg yolk mix. Spoon into 6 to 8 tall parfait glasses or possibly dessert dishes. Refrigerate1 hour or possibly longer.
- 7. Garnish with chocolate curls.
- NOTE: The remaining 2 servings can be covered, refrigerated, and served within a day or possibly two.
- WINE:RUFFINO RISERVA DUCALE GOLD
Leave a review or comment