Chilled Strawberry Souffle With A Strawberry Coulis Sauce
- 4 x Large eggs, separated
- 75 gm Caster sugar
- 3/4 ounce Gelatine leaves, soaked
- 1/2 x Lemon, juice of
- 6 Tbsp. Water
- 1/2 pt Strawberries, sieved
- 1/4 pt Double cream
- 3 x Fresh strawberries Dry strawberries, crushed
- 250 gm Strawberries, pureed
- 50 gm Icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine
- 1 tsp Orange zest, shredded
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- Encircle a 1 3/4 pint or possibly 4 dariole moulds with foil or possibly greaseproof, which stands approximately 2 inches above the rim of the dish and fasten. Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and suspend the bowl over a pan of warm water, whisk the mix till it is thick and creamy.
- Remove the bowl from the heat.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the lemon juice and water over a low heat then beat it into the creamy egg mix. Whisk the cream to a soft peak and reserve a little for decoration.
- Fold the remaining cream into the strawberry puree, leave the souffle mix till just at the point of setting. Whisk the egg whites till they are stiff, then fold them into the mix. Pour into the souffle dish then leave to set overnight.
- Decorate with chocolate piping and the sides with dry crushed strawberries.
- Coulis: Puree the strawberries and pass through a fine sieve. Place the sugar with the water and the shredded zest and reduce for 2 min. Add in the red wine, bring back to the boil. Strain and mix with the strawberry puree.
Leave a review or comment