Chicken With Roasted Lemons, Green Olives, And Capers
- 12 x thin lemon slices - (from 2 lemons) Extra virgin olive oil as needed Salt to taste
- 4 lrg boneless skinless chicken breast halves Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste All-purpose flour as needed
- 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. sliced pitted green Sicilian olives (or possibly other brine-cured green olives)
- 2 Tbsp. liquid removed capers
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock (or possibly canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 1/4 c. butter - (1/2 stick) cut into 4 pcs
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- For roasted lemons: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange lemon slices in single layer on prepared sheet. Brush lemon slices with extra virgin olive oil; sprinkle lightly with salt. Roast till slightly dry and beginning to brown around edges, about 25 min. (Lemons can be made 1 day ahead. Transfer to container. Cover; chill.)
- For chicken: Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Heat 5 Tbsp. oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add in chicken and cook till golden, about 3 min per side. Stir in olives and capers.
- Add in stock and bring to boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Boil till liquid is reduced to syrup consistency, turning chicken over after 3 min, about 5 min. Add in butter, roasted lemon slices, and 2 Tbsp. parsley; simmer till butter melts and chicken is cooked through, about 2 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp. parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Executive chef Dan Swinney serves this terrific dish on a bed of sauteed fresh spinach.
Leave a review or comment